CHPE SupportersThe Champlain Hudson Power Express is an overwhelmingly positive project for the people of New York, addressing the State's dynamic energy needs now and into the future. The project's abundant benefits include reducing power prices by $650 million per year for New York's consumers and the creation of thousands of new jobs in the State.
These benefits are the basis for the support from a broad spectrum of business interests, environmental organizations, labor groups, local governments including the City of New York, state agencies, 20 members of New York State's congressional delegation, and other interested parties. All of these have stepped forward to support the clean energy, job creation, and savings this project brings to people of New York State.
The following parties are supporters of the CHPE
- New York League of Conservation Voters
- Long Island Association, Inc.
- North Country Chamber of Commerce
- New York State Energy Consumers Council
- International Union of Operating Engineers
- Laborers' International Union of North America
- New York State Laborer's Union
- Empire State Development Corporation
- New York City Economic Development Corporation
- New York City Councilman Peter Vallone, Jr.
- Coalition Helping Organize a Kleaner Environment (CHOKE)
- Middletown Times Herald Record
- Watertown Daily Times
- Rep. Tom Reed
- Rep. Paul Tonko
- Rep. Tim Bishop
- Rep. Peter King
- Rep. Steve Israel
- Rep. Carolyn McCarthy
- Rep. Gary Ackerman
- Rep. Gregory Meeks
- Rep. Jerry Nadler
- Rep. Ed Towns
- Rep. Yvette Clarke
- Rep. Mike Grimm
- Rep. Carolyn Maloney
- Rep. Charlie Rangel
- Rep. Richard Hanna
- Rep. Eliot Engel
- Rep. Ann Marie Buerkle
- Rep. Bill Owens
- Rep. Nita Lowey
- Rep. Louise Slaughter
Loading press clippings...