Environmental Trust Fund Information
The Order Granting the Certificate of Environmental Compatibility and Public Need issued for the project by the Public Service Commission on April 18, 2013, established the Hudson River and Lake Champlain Habitat Enhancement, Restoration, and Research/Habitat Improvement Project Trust Fund. The purpose of the fund is to provide assistance to projects that improve and enhance the aquatic environments in Lake Champlain, the Hudson River, the Bronx, Harlem and East Rivers, and New York Harbor.
- $117 million fund
- Distributed over 35 years
- The fund would be governed by a committee that would include representatives from:
- The NYS Department of Public Service
- The NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- NYS Department of State
- City of New York
- The Adirondack Park Agency
- The New York State Council of Trout Unlimited
- Riverkeeper, Inc.
- Scenic Hudson, Inc.
- Transmission Developers Inc.